Been Gone Awhile

Old February 28th 07, 05:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default Been Gone Awhile

Hello everyone;
Sorry about the absence. Our PC went for a deep six on the 15th of January
with a bad bios update. Had to order a brand new system which just got here
today. (No sense doing the chipset replacement as the new system was to be
ordered anyway.
I hope everyone has remained in good health and good spirits while I've been
making this changeover in computers :-)
Dudley Henriques

Old February 28th 07, 06:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

I hope everyone has remained in good health and good spirits while I've been
making this changeover in computers :-)

'Bout time, Dudley! Glad you're back.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 28th 07, 06:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

You wouldn't believe the mess I've been through with computers this month
:-))
Glad to be on board again.
Dudley

On 2/28/07 1:41 AM, in article
, "Jay Honeck"

Old February 28th 07, 11:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jon Kraus

It's amazing that I think I could live without my computer - no
problem... Then something happens that causes me to not have it and I
run around like a madman until I get it going again... :-) Welcome back

Jon

Old February 28th 07, 11:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
Hello everyone;
Sorry about the absence. Our PC went for a deep six on the 15th of January
with a bad bios update. Had to order a brand new system which just got
here
today. (No sense doing the chipset replacement as the new system was to be
ordered anyway.
I hope everyone has remained in good health and good spirits while I've
been
making this changeover in computers :-)
Dudley Henriques

Read on; you have missed one of the most unusual times that I have ever seen
on Usenet.

The art of the troll has been extended, further than this person has ever
seen before. Your observation was correct.

I no longer read any thread past his pollution and hijacking. There is a
good way to do it for outlook express, if you are interested. Just ask if
you want the how to's that a few of us are using.

Welcome back. I _was_ beginning to wonder g
--
Jim in NC

Old February 28th 07, 01:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

In article ,
Dudley Henriques wrote:

Hello everyone;
Sorry about the absence. Our PC went for a deep six on the 15th of January
with a bad bios update. Had to order a brand new system which just got here
today. (No sense doing the chipset replacement as the new system was to be
ordered anyway.

Please, Please, Please tell us you haven't gone VISTA on us? :-)
Old February 28th 07, 01:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc

I loaded your previous info into one computer, and it works great. Would you
send it offline or repost? The invasiveness by MXS keeps getting worse and
worse.

The majority of posts no longer even involve flying.

Old February 28th 07, 01:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Denny

..
I hope everyone has remained in good health and good spirits while I've been
making this changeover in computers :-)
Dudley Henriques

Well Dudley, you did miss a few 'minor' items while you were gone...

The FAA was made independent of the NTSB and is now a cabinet seat in
the White House...
A new head of the FAA was appointed and he is a GA pilot and CFI from
Iowa...
A Special Master was appointed to review FAA regs and he immediately
ruled them to be unconstitutionally complex... They have been voided
and the FAA has 90 days to rewrite the regs in plain language
understandable to a high school graduate...
Once awarded the pilots certificate, exercising those privileges is a
legal right...
All adverse certificate actions by the FAA to be reviewed by the
Courts...
Airports have been declared to be crucial to the national
transportation system and it is a felony crime to close an airport...
This rule is retroactive five years from this date and all airports
closed since then have to be reopened within 6 months... Any
interfering structures within the airport traffic area and its
approaches will be immediately bulldozed... It is a felony crime to
interfere with or file a lawsuit against any provison of this rule...
All state and local airport noise ordinances and/or other local rules,
laws, and regulations impacting pilots, are declared unconstitutional
as the FAA has jurisdition over aviation...
The airman medical is self certification based on having a valid
drivers license... Special provisions for those lacking a drivers
license for non medical reasons will be promulgated...
The aircraft condition inspection is now biennial...
All aircraft parts and equipment must have a source of at least two
independent manufacturers before the aircraft may be produced.. Any
willing supplier may produce airplane parts which will be considered
airworthy as a matter of law...
And finally, all high school districts must offer pilot training
similar to drivers training, or lose federal funding...

As I said, a few minor items in your absence...

denny