How to build ANR headsets?

Old February 8th 05, 03:52 PM
Pilot Guy

Default How to build ANR headsets?

Does anyone know exactly how to build a set of ANR headsets?

Old February 8th 05, 04:58 PM
kumaros

Pilot Guy wrote:
Does anyone know exactly how to build a set of ANR headsets?

Try this URL:

http://www.headwize.com/projects/noise_prj.htm

Kumaros
It's all Greek to me
Old February 8th 05, 07:31 PM
Juan Jimenez

Take a regular set of headsets, buy the ANR upgrade kit from
http://www.headsetsinc.com/ and either do it yourself or have somebody who
knows how to solder do it for you. Takes about an hour for more headsets and
works great. I did it with an AvComm AC-900 headset and it's just as good as
the more expensive units.

Old February 9th 05, 01:13 PM
COLIN LAMB

I purchased two sets of ANR headsets. One was an expensive model. The
other was a private labeled model made for Pacific Coast Avionics, which
sells for about $250. I use that one all the time and the passenger gets
the expensive model.

I see there is a ANR box that can be added to any headset. However, it is
$399 only for the adapter.

I am happy to leave my David Clarks in the drawer and use my $250 ANR units.

Colin N12HS

---

Old February 9th 05, 01:34 PM
Juan Jimenez

That's not correct. Headsets, Inc, sells a complete ANR headset for $399,
The kits to convert most headsets into ANR's are $169.

http://www.headsetsinc.com/price_list.htm

ink.net...