Nice article

Old September 27th 10, 02:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
smithcorp

Default Nice article

I don't think I'm alone here in monitoring press articles about
gliding - I like to identify the elements that make the story
'work' (in particular the ones that capture the things i enjoy about
gliding). This one's a good one I reckon. Low on the fear/challenge
factor and high on the accurate information factor.

http://durangoherald.com/sections/Ne...ing_with_ease/

smith
Old September 27th 10, 03:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
lanebush

On Sep 26, 9:26*pm, smithcorp wrote:
I don't think I'm alone here in monitoring press articles about
gliding - I like to identify the elements that make the story
'work' (in particular the ones that capture the things i enjoy about
gliding). This one's a good one I reckon. Low on the fear/challenge
factor and high on the accurate information factor.

http://durangoherald.com/sections/Ne...ing_with_ease/

smith

Very good article and video.

A local magazine just ran the following article on my soaring
activities. The writer added a few words to fill up the pages. There
were a few goofy remarks because he had never even seen a glider
operation. On balance we got some good publicity out of it!

Lane
XF
Old September 27th 10, 03:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
lanebush

http://www.bainbridgelivingmag.com/2...ith-no-engine/

This link might help.

Lane
XF
Old September 27th 10, 06:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
smithcorp

On Sep 27, 12:59*pm, lanebush wrote:
http://www.bainbridgelivingmag.com/2...ng-with-no-eng...

This link might help.

Lane
XF

Top article of yours! The parallels with cycling and motorcycleing are
useful context.

smith
Old September 27th 10, 12:17 PM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

Great stuff. Seminole Lake Glider Port in Clermont, Florida is about to be featured on a local TV program called "Florida o a Tankful." One of our local pilots is heavily involved in a local cable company and has some input into this program.

I'm sure that most areas have some sort of local special interest programming and they might be looking for stories such as local glider schools and operations. I've lived in this area for 25 years and learned of the local gliderport by accident late last year. The news media is a great potential source for the growth of our sport.

Walt
Old September 27th 10, 05:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bildan

--
Walt Connelly

One can only hope for a continued drumbeat of exposure from the
media. I think this may be happening as one outlet sees what another
has done. Good stories tend to self-propagate. In advertising speak,
when everybody is covering the story, you have achieved a "Buzz". We
need to achieve a "Buzz".

Go talk to your local media outlets. Most are starving for story
material so they're prepared to listen to your pitch. Bring a copy of
Val Padget's "Media Kit" which is available from the SSA. Show them
this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1WEX2CxId4
Old September 27th 10, 07:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Castle[_2_]

The link doesn't work for me!

At 16:35 27 September 2010, bildan wrote:
On Sep 27, 5:17=A0am, Walt Connelly wrote:
Great stuff. =A0Seminole Lake Glider Port in Clermont, Florida is

about
t=
be featured on a local TV program called "Florida o a Tankful."

=A0One
of
our local pilots is heavily involved in a local cable company and has
some input into this program. =A0

I'm sure that most areas have some sort of local special interest
programming and they might be looking for stories such as local glider
schools and operations. =A0I've lived in this area for 25 years and
learned of the local gliderport by accident late last year. =A0The

this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Du1WEX2CxId4

Old September 27th 10, 08:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bildan

On Sep 27, 12:19*pm, John Castle wrote:
[...]

It works for me. Try using YouTube search for "glide like the wind".
Old September 28th 10, 01:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vsoars

wrote:
[...]

I agree. One good article inspires others to capture the magic of
soaring. The article and the video mentioned in this thread are both
outstanding. Thanks for mentioning The SSA Media Kit. I've included
lots of materials for the media and high resolution pictures they can
use. Go to my web site for more details:
http://valpaget.com/

Contact the SSA and they will mail you the media kit and the Soaring
Publicity Handbook. It's time for your soaring operation to make the
front page.
Old September 28th 10, 07:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Castle[_2_]

Thanks Bildan, that found it. Excellent video

At 19:48 27 September 2010, bildan wrote:
On Sep 27, 12:19=A0pm, John Castle wrote:
The link doesn't work for me!

At 16:35 27 September 2010, bildan wrote:

On Sep 27, 5:17=3DA0am, Walt Connelly =A0wrote:
Great stuff. =3DA0Seminole Lake Glider Port in Clermont, Florida is

about
t=3D
be featured on a local TV program called "Florida o a Tankful."

=3DA0One
of
our local pilots is heavily involved in a local cable company and

has
some input into this program. =3DA0

I'm sure that most areas have some sort of local special interest
programming and they might be looking for stories such as local

glider
schools and operations. =3DA0I've lived in this area for 25 years

and
learned of the local gliderport by accident late last year.

=3DA0The
news
media is a great potential source for the growth of our sport.

Walt

--
Walt Connelly

One can only hope for a continued drumbeat of exposure from the
media. =A0I think this may be happening as one outlet sees what

another
has done. =A0Good stories tend to self-propagate. =A0In advertising

spea=
k,
when everybody is covering the story, you have achieved a "Buzz".

=A0We
need to achieve a "Buzz".

Go talk to your local media outlets. =A0Most are starving for story
material so they're prepared to listen to your pitch. =A0Bring a

copy
of
Val Padget's "Media Kit" which is available from the SSA. =A0Show

them
this video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D3Du1WEX2CxId4

It works for me. Try using YouTube search for "glide like the wind".

(USA) Nice newspaper article Tuno Soaring 5 February 20th 10 12:42 AM
Nice article Frank Whiteley Soaring 0 August 12th 06 06:56 AM
Nice skyline article BB Soaring 14 March 1st 05 03:18 AM
Nice article about flying around NYC Mr. Smith Piloting 4 August 23rd 04 05:58 AM
Nice article on AngelFlight C J Campbell Piloting 7 November 14th 03 07:34 AM