ID help

Old February 13th 11, 09:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dingo[_4_]

Default ID help

Help !! Have become a bit stuck on ID'ing this kite.

Methinks it *might* be a Tupolev SB from the 1939/40 Russian - Finnish
Winter War. I'm also puzzled by what appears to be a small open
'compartment' in front of the main cockpit. The image appears to depict an
a/c dump or perhaps an airfield which has been captured.

Any idea, chaps.

Thanks
~~
Dingo

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tupolev maybe.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	47068
Old February 13th 11, 11:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Netko

Default ID help - usb-2.jpg (1/1) [30K]

On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 21:58:46 +0000, Dingo wrote
(in article ):

Help !! Have become a bit stuck on ID'ing this kite.

Methinks it *might* be a Tupolev SB from the 1939/40 Russian - Finnish
Winter War. I'm also puzzled by what appears to be a small open
'compartment' in front of the main cockpit. The image appears to depict an
a/c dump or perhaps an airfield which has been captured.

Any idea, chaps.

Tupolev USB?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	usb-2.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	47069
Old February 14th 11, 12:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dingo[_4_]

"Netko" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 21:58:46 +0000, Dingo wrote
(in article ):

Help !! Have become a bit stuck on ID'ing this kite.

Methinks it *might* be a Tupolev SB from the 1939/40 Russian - Finnish
Winter War. I'm also puzzled by what appears to be a small open
'compartment' in front of the main cockpit. The image appears to depict
an
a/c dump or perhaps an airfield which has been captured.

Any idea, chaps.

Tupolev USB?

Thanx, Netko. Seems I wasn't too far off with my guess.
~~
Dingo ;~))

Old February 14th 11, 06:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2011-02-13 13:58:46 -0800, Dingo said:

Help !! Have become a bit stuck on ID'ing this kite.

Methinks it *might* be a Tupolev SB from the 1939/40 Russian - Finnish
Winter War. I'm also puzzled by what appears to be a small open
'compartment' in front of the main cockpit. The image appears to depict an
a/c dump or perhaps an airfield which has been captured.

Any idea, chaps.

Thanks
~~
Dingo

image

It could be a Tupolev SB, though most of the Finnish examples seem to
have glass,not solid noses.

--
Regards,

Savageduck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tupolev_SB-2.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	47070
Old February 14th 11, 06:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2011-02-13 13:58:46 -0800, Dingo said:

Help !! Have become a bit stuck on ID'ing this kite.

Methinks it *might* be a Tupolev SB from the 1939/40 Russian - Finnish
Winter War. I'm also puzzled by what appears to be a small open
'compartment' in front of the main cockpit. The image appears to depict an
a/c dump or perhaps an airfield which has been captured.

Any idea, chaps.

Thanks
~~
Dingo

image

It could be a Tupolev SB, though most of the Finnish examples seem to
have glass,not solid noses.

image

I just checked Wikipedia and they have this note:

"...a trainer version, the USB was built in September 1937, with a
modified nose with an open cockpit for an instructor and dual controls."

--
Regards,

Savageduck