Proof that anything will fly, given enough power

Old October 22nd 04, 10:09 PM
Aviv Hod

Default Proof that anything will fly, given enough power

This is pretty hilarious. This John Deere lawnmower is surprisingly
aerobatic!

http://www.hugi.is/hahradi/bigboxes....1208&f_id=1159

-Aviv
Old October 22nd 04, 10:13 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Aviv Hod wrote:

This is pretty hilarious. This John Deere lawnmower is surprisingly
aerobatic!

You *do* understand that it isn't a real lawnmower, don't you? Great video, though.

George Patterson
If a man gets into a fight 3,000 miles away from home, he *had* to have
been looking for it.
Old October 22nd 04, 11:33 PM
zatatime

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 17:09:43 -0400, Aviv Hod
wrote:

This is pretty hilarious. This John Deere lawnmower is surprisingly
aerobatic!

http://www.hugi.is/hahradi/bigboxes....1208&f_id=1159

-Aviv

That's fantastic! Now all that's left is to strap on of those fancy
mini turbines to a pig's snout.

Old October 23rd 04, 12:37 AM
Icebound

"Aviv Hod" wrote in message
This is pretty hilarious. This John Deere lawnmower is surprisingly
aerobatic!

http://www.hugi.is/hahradi/bigboxes....1208&f_id=1159

-Aviv

Anything CAN fly.

You are pretty much guaranteed to see at least one of the following at any
Modelers' get-together.

A standard STOP sign.
witch on a broomstick
Snoopy on top of his doghouse (usually with another modeler flying the Red
Baron's Sopwith at the same time)
and the lawnmower

Those 4 are the favorites but there are probably lots of others that I have
never seen.

Old October 23rd 04, 01:06 AM
Morgans

"Icebound" wrote

Anything CAN fly.

You are pretty much guaranteed to see at least one of the following at any
Modelers' get-together.

A standard STOP sign.
witch on a broomstick
Snoopy on top of his doghouse (usually with another modeler flying the Red
Baron's Sopwith at the same time)
and the lawnmower

Those 4 are the favorites but there are probably lots of others that I

have
never seen.

How about a pizza box? (name your favorite brand)
--
Jim in NC

---

Old October 23rd 04, 02:35 AM
Jim Fisher

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message
You *do* understand that it isn't a real lawnmower, don't you?

How's that damn thing work? I know it's a fake mower but where are the
control surfaces? Propulsion by what? Lift generated how?

That's just cool.

--
Jim Fisher

Old October 23rd 04, 02:41 AM
Jim Fisher

"Jim Fisher" wrote in message
"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message
You *do* understand that it isn't a real lawnmower, don't you?

How's that damn thing work? I know it's a fake mower but where are the
control surfaces? Propulsion by what? Lift generated how?

Never mind. I watched it again with my glasses and could see the prop.
Also saw that the deck is actually a cleverly disguised airfoil. Can't make
out the control surfaces, though.

I want one!

--
Jim Fisher

Old October 23rd 04, 04:21 AM
jawilljr

"Jim Fisher" wrote in message =
news
=20
"Jim Fisher" wrote in message=20
"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message
You *do* understand that it isn't a real lawnmower, don't you?

How's that damn thing work? I know it's a fake mower but where are =

the=20
control surfaces? Propulsion by what? Lift generated how?

=20
=20
Never mind. I watched it again with my glasses and could see the =

prop.=20
Also saw that the deck is actually a cleverly disguised airfoil. =

Can't make=20
out the control surfaces, though.
=20
I want one!
=20
--
Jim Fisher=20
=20

More info he

http://www.flyingthingz.com/flying_t...cutter_kit.htm

Jerry

Old October 23rd 04, 04:54 AM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Morgans" said:
How about a pizza box? (name your favorite brand)

SPARC*Classic?

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
"He's overweight, uninformed, and litigious. That's an American
Old October 23rd 04, 04:58 AM
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 19:37:34 -0400, "Icebound"
wrote:

A standard STOP sign.
witch on a broomstick
Snoopy on top of his doghouse (usually with another modeler flying the Red
Baron's Sopwith at the same time)
and the lawnmower

Those 4 are the favorites but there are probably lots of others that I have
never seen.

Pizza boxes.

Flying saucers.

Spaceship Enterprise.