Private Pilot flying vacations

Old November 19th 04, 03:54 PM
Avi Kessler

Default Private Pilot flying vacations

Hi All,

I was wondering if any of you out there know about companies that
offer flying tours for pilots? An example of one such establishment is
GOANA in Australia. He has 18 Cessna 172's. You just go out there and
fly the specified tour. I would like to find more like that from all
points on the globe. Personal recommendations are even better.
If this newsgroup is not the place maybe someone can point me in the
right direction.
Thanx
AK
Old November 19th 04, 04:59 PM
Schmoe

Cayman Caravan: http://www.cayman-caravan.com/

Old November 19th 04, 07:54 PM
Andrew Gideon

Schmoe wrote:

Cayman Caravan: http://www.cayman-caravan.com/

I met someone that was telling me about a similar venture he took up to
Alaska, flying himself and his wife in his own plane with a group of other
aircraft.

- Andrew

Old November 20th 04, 11:45 AM
Cub Driver

Not quite what you're after, but the two best flying vacations I've
had we at Chandler AZ doing stalls and basic aerobatics; and at
Andover NJ doing Damien Delgaizo's bush flying course.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com
Piper Cub Forum www.pipercubforum.com
the blog www.danford.net
Old November 20th 04, 06:01 PM
zatatime

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 06:45:13 -0500, Cub Driver
wrote:

and at
Andover NJ doing Damien Delgaizo's bush flying course.

Could you give a synopsis of this one?

Thanks,
Old November 21st 04, 11:36 AM
Cub Driver

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 18:01:48 GMT, zatatime wrote:

and at
Andover NJ doing Damien Delgaizo's bush flying course.

Could you give a synopsis of this one?

I was there for three and a half days, I think it was, five lessons.
It's all very flexible depending on what you want to accomplish, and
the weather of course. He does the work in a Husky with tundra tires.
At that time he had an L-4, and I believe now he has a Super Cub;
perhaps he would do the course in one of those if you prefer.

That part of NJ is wonderfully bucolic, much more so that SE New
Hampshire, and there are lots of private strips where Damian is
welcome. And Andover has a grass runway beside the asphalt one, so I
wasn't on hardtop the whole time.

I did short-field, rough-field, uphill, downhill landings and
takeoffs, and J-takeoffs. I got so I could take off in a 500=foot
patch of grass and land again with half the patch in front of me, very
nice feeling. Also did a bit of canyon flying, believe it or not, in
the Water Gap.

Damian has a website (Andover Flight Academy) but doesn't much play
around with the internet. His wife handles the email. I think the bill
for the five lessons was $900, including a lot of ground school, and I
got a coffee mug out of it

I highly recommend this man. Among other things, he is the one who
prepped Harrison Ford for his DH Beaver work in "Six Days and Seven
Nights".