A & P question - ask here or where?

Old December 2nd 04, 08:47 PM
Jeff

Default A & P question - ask here or where?

I have an A&P question: about training actually, I have about a years worth
of A&P training at a major University, but its from about 12 years ago.. If
I start schooling again, do I start from scratch? time wise? Where do I
check for this type of info?

Thanks
Jeff

Old December 3rd 04, 04:03 PM
pickle

Jeff wrote:

I have an A&P question: about training actually, I have about a years worth
of A&P training at a major University, but its from about 12 years ago.. If
I start schooling again, do I start from scratch? time wise? Where do I
check for this type of info?

Thanks
Jeff

Ummm...how bout an A&P school?
Just a guess.
Old December 3rd 04, 11:02 PM
Don Hammer

I would think the curriculum has changes a bunch, so you'd probably
need to start over if going to school. I don't think there is a time
limit for experience as long as you can document it, so another couple
of years doing that type of work and you can test.

I highly recommend you go back to school.

http://www.usenet.com
Old December 4th 04, 01:11 PM
tscottme

"Don Hammer" wrote in message
I would think the curriculum has changes a bunch, so you'd probably
need to start over if going to school. I don't think there is a time
limit for experience as long as you can document it, so another couple
of years doing that type of work and you can test.

I highly recommend you go back to school.

I doubt the curriculum has changed. When I got my A&P in 1991 they spent as
much time on radials as on turbines. I'd call the FSDO, but I suspect the
school will say "repeat it all", and the Feds will say "accumulate the
training (18 months) or complete the school's course", so the school's
decision will count.

--

Scott

"Arafat remains in stable condition after dying in a Paris hospital."

Old December 4th 04, 10:31 PM
Capt.Doug

"Jeff" wrote in message I have an A&P question: about training actually,
I have about a years worth
of A&P training at a major University, but its from about 12 years ago..

If
I start schooling again, do I start from scratch? time wise?

How is that year of experience documented? If it is properly documented as
schooling, it may count. Some schools will give you a placement test to see
where you are at and procede accordingly. You may need to start all over
again for the full 18 months, or you may be able to skip ahead.

If your experience is properly documented as on-the-job training by an A&P,
that A&P's letter WILL count towards the 30 months experience required for
OTJ, and you will need to work under an A&P's supervision for another 18
months. It doesn't matter how old his letter is.

Where do I check for this type of info?

Part 43 of the regulations, local A&P examiner, local FAA FSDO.

D.

Old December 7th 04, 04:39 PM
Jeff

Thanks,