Vintage Airline Ads 1 - Alaska Coastal 01.jpg (1/1)

Old March 25th 15, 12:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_8_]

Default Vintage Airline Ads 1 - Alaska Coastal 01.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Alaska Coastal 01.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	308.1 KB
ID:	74494
Old March 25th 15, 01:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_8_]

Charles Lindbergh wrote in
:

On Wed, 25 Mar 2015 07:08:48 -0500, Mitchell Holman
wrote:

I really enjoy the old aviation posters. Thanks!

I can remember when flying was a luxury and the
passengers all wore business suits and dresses. Now
the experience is like taking the bus........

Old March 25th 15, 05:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Byker

wrote:

I really enjoy the old aviation posters. Thanks!

For the equivalent of a year's salary you could cross the Atlantic in half
the time...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hindenburg.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	216.0 KB
ID:	74510  Click image for larger version

Name:	hindenburg2.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	74511
Old March 26th 15, 06:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)[_2_]

On Wed, 25 Mar 2015 13:42:28 +0000, Charles Lindbergh
wrote:

On Wed, 25 Mar 2015 08:07:41 -0500, Mitchell Holman wrote:

Charles Lindbergh wrote in
m:

wrote:

I really enjoy the old aviation posters. Thanks!

I can remember when flying was a luxury and the
passengers all wore business suits and dresses. Now
the experience is like taking the bus........

I remember when all the flight attendants (stewardesses) were young, pretty and
female. Hell, I even remember the sound of the rotary engines on DC-3s and
Lockheed Connies.....

Progress, whoo-hoo..... I guess things are better now......

As a kid in the early '60s, I did a lot of traveling with my folks. I
have fond memories of sleepily watching the piston engine exhaust on
night flights. Oh, to have had camera gear at the time...
Old March 27th 15, 01:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Byker

"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" wrote in message

As a kid in the early '60s, I did a lot of traveling with my folks. I
have fond memories of sleepily watching the piston engine exhaust on night
flights. Oh, to have had camera gear at the time...

Something you might want to download as an mp3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujr5ld4I_Xo

http://www.listentoyoutube.com/

Old March 27th 15, 07:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Byker

"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" wrote in message

Pretty cool!

Speaking of watching flames come of out an exhaust, back when I was little
my dad and I would often go the Orange County Airport (SNA) to watch planes
take off and land, and it was a real treat to watch Bonanza Air Lines F-27s
start up. There would be only about fifty feet between us and the aircraft,
separated by a four-foot chain link fence. The passengers would board, the
door would close, and we'd hear the whine of the turbines being spun. My dad
had mentioned the word "turboprop" and told me to look into the exhaust on
the nacelle and watch for the "whoosh" of flame swirl around inside. All
this came back to mind when I ran across this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlg9p9JX6KY

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F27_startup.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	74613

Vintage Airline Ads 1 - Alaska Coastal 02.jpg (1/1) Mitchell Holman[_8_] Aviation Photos 0 March 25th 15 12:08 PM
Vintage Airline Ads 1 - Air Niugini.jpg (1/1) Mitchell Holman[_8_] Aviation Photos 0 March 25th 15 12:08 PM
Vintage Airline Ads 1 - Air Afrique.jpg (1/1) Mitchell Holman[_8_] Aviation Photos 0 March 25th 15 12:08 PM
Old Airline Ads - Alaska Coastal 02.jpg (1/1) Mitchell Holman[_2_] Aviation Photos 0 January 2nd 09 01:41 PM
Old Airline Ads - Alaska Coastal 01.jpg (1/1) Mitchell Holman[_2_] Aviation Photos 0 January 2nd 09 01:41 PM