Corrupt downloads of FSNav 4.60...can you help me please !!!

Old June 2nd 04, 08:45 PM
Derek

Default Corrupt downloads of FSNav 4.60...can you help me please !!!

Hi All,

My friend has just installed FS2004 and currently his internet connection is
disabled awaiting installation of broadband.

I have been trying to download a copy of FSNav 4.60 from their main website,
to burn onto a CD and take along to his house to install it on his PC (he
was previously a paid for registered susbscriber to FSNav earlier editions).

BOTH times I have downloaded the file., and burned the CD, and took it to
his house, and cliked on "setup.exe" from the zip file, I get file errors
like "Bad CrC file xxxxxxx unable to install."

Why is this ? Is their own file on their website corrupt ?

We are at our wits end trying to solve this riddle.

Would anyone who has a working copy of FSNav 4.60 be willing to email it to
me ? (I have broadband).

Alternatively can u suggest a different location on the net to download
another copy from ?

DIRECT REPLIES by EMAIL would be preferable than via this list please. To

Thanks

Derek

Old June 3rd 04, 12:11 AM
Quilljar

I see you found simflightfsnav, which was going to be my rfecommend Derek

Old June 3rd 04, 07:07 AM
Carsten Pedersen

"Derek" skrev i en meddelelse
Hi All,

My friend has just installed FS2004 and currently his internet connection

is
disabled awaiting installation of broadband.

I have been trying to download a copy of FSNav 4.60 from their main

website,
to burn onto a CD and take along to his house to install it on his PC (he
was previously a paid for registered susbscriber to FSNav earlier

editions).

BOTH times I have downloaded the file., and burned the CD, and took it to
his house, and cliked on "setup.exe" from the zip file, I get file errors
like "Bad CrC file xxxxxxx unable to install."

Why is this ? Is their own file on their website corrupt ?

Have you tried to install the original file, you downloaded?

The problem may not be the downloaded file, but the burning process. I have
had exactly the same problem with other ZIP files, I have downloaded and
burned on a CD for storage. When I tried some the original files on my hard
drive they were OK.

You can try to burn at a slower speed or disconnect the DMA transfer for
your burner in the IDE controller. Especially the latter solution solved the
problem for me.

C@rsten