Hello glider pilots in Anchorage area...

Old April 17th 17, 04:20 PM
POPS POPS is offline
Member

Default Hello glider pilots in Anchorage area...

Is anyone flying sailplanes in or around the Anchorage area? I'm familiar with all the CAP activity here, but any true soaring pilots anywhere around?

SEL,glider,tailwheel,tow, current/proficient. Aircraft owner, CH701
Old April 17th 17, 04:27 PM
POPS POPS is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by POPS View Post
Is anyone flying sailplanes in or around the Anchorage area? I'm familiar with all the CAP activity here, but any true soaring pilots anywhere around?

SEL,glider,tailwheel,tow, current/proficient. Aircraft owner, CH701

Soaring pilots that are actually getting out somewhere in the neighborhood and making it happen is what I meant to say.
Old April 17th 17, 11:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Yes there is some soaring outside of CAP.
I was looking for the same information and found there is a group trying to get active. they put up a website- http://www.akmtnsoaring.com/

Are you in the anchorage area??

bob
Old April 18th 17, 04:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I second that post! Ed and Pete recently visited us in Prescott Az and we all had a blast! They were great professional CFI-Gs and very interested in supporting gliding and every aspect of it.