Glider ASW-24, 90 degree 15 knot crosswind landing (video)

Old January 28th 21, 01:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Glider Pilot

Default Glider ASW-24, 90 degree 15 knot crosswind landing (video)

https://rumble.com/vd66fx-glider-asw...d-landing.html
Old February 1st 21, 11:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Sinclair[_5_]

On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 4:14:35 PM UTC-8, Glider Pilot wrote:
https://rumble.com/vd66fx-glider-asw...d-landing.html

Thanks for posting your crosswind landing, but the view out front is more impressive with the nose cocked off into the crosswind! The strongest crosswind I’ve had to make was a good 30-40 knot direct crosswind from the right. I carried some extra altitude until I was established on the extended center line. As I tracked down extended center-line, my nose was cocked to the right a good 15 degrees, or so! Corrections were obvious and easily made......right of center line = reduce correction angle, left of center line = increase correction angle! I touched down in a crab while holding the up-wind wing a bit low to make sure the wind didn’t get under the wing and turn the ship.
Peace of cake,
JJ

"White knuckle" landing at Bristol - TUI Boeing 757 Comes into Land SIDEWAYS in 40 KNOT CROSSWIND at Bristol Airport During a STORM-ZPn3MBNt7Rc_xvid.avi (31/31) Byker Aviation Photos 0 October 20th 18 11:56 PM
Crosswind landing control.. Dan Piloting 53 December 31st 06 05:48 AM
Crosswind Landing Videos Danny Deger Piloting 0 December 30th 06 05:58 PM
Crosswind landing Ron Webb Home Built 23 June 10th 06 03:43 AM
Tailwheel Crosswind Landing Piloting 32 December 6th 04 03:42 AM