Where is the Matteson M-1?

Old November 23rd 06, 02:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pete Startup

Default Where is the Matteson M-1?

While in the US on detachment with the RAF about 15
or more years ago,I remember seeing this interesting
glider while visiting Hemet,in a broken wooden trailer
and with a large nest of bees in one wing root.
I read up on it after returning to the UK and what
it lacks in performance,I thought was made up for by
its little bit of history and uniqeness.
Did anybody save it or did it end its days as the biggest
beehive at Hemet Ryan?

Safe flying

Old November 24th 06, 09:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

The Matteson M-1 appeared in Soaring Magazine (August 1959 issue page
13)
under the registration N6716C.
Since 2001, that registration has been assigned to a Delta Airlines
757.
Not much help to you except to save you from that particular on-line
search.

Old November 26th 06, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pete Startup

Oh well - I guess due to the lack of response other
than the one re the reg no longer being allocated to
the M-1,it really must have ended it's days as the
biggest beehive at Hemet followed by the best end of
season bonfire!

Safe flying always.