SN10B remote problem

Old September 20th 07, 03:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cliff Hilty[_2_]

Default SN10B remote problem

I have SN10B with the old style remote (white with
black knobs) and am having problems with the selection
fuction of the dial switches. When I try and use them
to change a selection, they don't always make the SN10
go in the right direction. In other words, if I am
turning the knob in the one direction the display will
start turning in the correct direction and then change
and go the other way or skip some of the fields. This
is very distracting and takes way more time than it
should to get to where I want to go. this is only apparent
on the remote not the panel. It has always done this
but is now getting much worse I tried to clean the
rotary switches by disassembling them and using some
contact cleaner but it only lasted a short time and
the cleaner wanted to melt the container.

Any suggestions about how to clean this or make this
work? I really like the older style remotes due to
there size and would like to get this working correctly.

Yo Dave you out there?

Old September 21st 07, 12:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sep 20, 10:30 am, Cliff Hilty
wrote:
[...]

YO Cliff, you forgot my email address ?
I'll contact you offline and we'll get it sorted...
See ya, Dave "YO"

SN-10b w/remote for sale [email protected] Soaring 0 December 14th 06 02:16 AM
Garmin remote antennas Dave Owning 4 December 18th 05 04:58 PM
Ilec SN10b screen reflections John Ferguson Soaring 1 June 22nd 05 10:32 PM
Remote Power On Robbie S. Owning 7 March 16th 05 03:33 AM
SN10 Remote BMacLean Soaring 0 August 24th 03 10:32 PM