General Weather Questions Private Pilot Checkride

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 26th 08, 11:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Sushidot

Default General Weather Questions Private Pilot Checkride

Hello-

Is there some kind of easy trick to understanding what type of weather
to expect at certain weather systems and fronts in term of explaining
this to the DPE during the checkride? I am not trying to avoid
learning weather theory...i just wonder if I am looking to far into
the meaning of all the charts and symbols...i have no problem with the
instructor pointing to a trough and asking what does this mean...Or
asking me what an echo top means or anything...i just keep getting
confused as to pressure systems...

High Pressure Systems
The weather is warm here and the visibility is good, atmosphere is
stable. This makes me think of summer weather. The book says that
visibility in terms of clouds is not good...am i missing something
here...

Low Pressure Systems
The weather is cold here, visibility is poor and the atmosphere is
less stable. This makes me think of winter weather.

My confusion lies mainly with the visibility...i would think that a
low system would have bad visibilty and be cloudy and high pressure
system would have few clouds.

Any advice or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks
SD