T Tailed Libelle?

Old February 4th 09, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Boggs

Default T Tailed Libelle?

I see on Wings and Wheels there is a T tailed Libelle for sale. I
don't think I've ever seen one of these before. I don't see any
reference of that configuration on the sailplane index. Can anyone
give me any info on them, like how many were made this way, and any
other relevant info?

Thanks

Boggs
www.nwskysports.com

Old February 4th 09, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug Hoffman

GARY BOGGS wrote:
I see on Wings and Wheels there is a T tailed Libelle for sale. I
don't think I've ever seen one of these before. I don't see any
reference of that configuration on the sailplane index. Can anyone
give me any info on them, like how many were made this way, and any
other relevant info?

My 1997 Soaring Sailplane Directory shows a T-tailed Club Libelle on
page 59.

Regards,

-Doug
Old February 4th 09, 03:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug Hoffman

Doug Hoffman wrote:
GARY BOGGS wrote:
I see on Wings and Wheels there is a T tailed Libelle for sale. I
don't think I've ever seen one of these before. I don't see any
reference of that configuration on the sailplane index. Can anyone
give me any info on them, like how many were made this way, and any
other relevant info?

My 1997 Soaring Sailplane Directory shows a T-tailed Club Libelle on
page 59.

Regards,

-Doug

Sorry, incomplete answer.

"The Club Libelle is an outgrowth of the Standard Libelle design. Double
taper wings raised to the shoulder position provide greater clearance on
landouts. Th wings carry broad-span trailing edge flaps for approach
control. The landing gear is fixed and a T-tail replaces the low-set
tailplane of the Standard Libelle. ATC.

L/D max 35 @ 49 kt
min sink 1.84 fps @ 36 kt
no built 171
no in US 3
Old February 4th 09, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Wright[_2_]

At 15:24 04 February 2009, GARY BOGGS wrote:
I see on Wings and Wheels there is a T tailed Libelle for sale. I
don't think I've ever seen one of these before. I don't see any
reference of that configuration on the sailplane index. Can anyone
give me any info on them, like how many were made this way, and any
other relevant info?

Thanks

Boggs
www.nwskysports.com

It'll be a 205 Club Libelle, T tail, Fixed u/c, high wing . I think
about 170 were made.
Old February 4th 09, 04:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara[_2_]

that would be the Club Libelle.....really not close to a Libelle...different
in almost every respect....different tail, fuselage, cocppit, rear hinged
canopy, Hornet wing with trailing edge dive brake....like I said, not close
to a Libelle ..but still a nice glider...we have 2 locally I imported
several years ago..
tim

Old February 4th 09, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tea Nott

Glasflugel 205 Club Libelle - balsa wood core wings

http://www.sailplanedirectory.com/glasflugel.htm

Old February 4th 09, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tea Nott

true, but only for s/n 140 onwards

http://www.streifly.de/TN205-11e.pdf

Old February 4th 09, 10:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Old February 5th 09, 12:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig[_2_]

On Feb 4, 2:55*pm, Andy wrote:
On Feb 4, 2:30*pm, Tea Nott wrote:

true, but only for s/n 140 onwards
http://www.streifly.de/TN205-11e.pdf

The TN is just for the spar web, not the wing skins. You could both
be correct.

Craig