parts from the Dauntless SDB

Old May 6th 09, 12:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Beachcomber

Default parts from the Dauntless SDB

Yesterday after the Blue Angel practice session I stopped at the Dauntless
SDB. On the tarp under the aircraft I saw some parts and pieces that looked
important. Here's a shot of a small plate from the instrument panel. I
took it and some other pieces into the restoration building where they were
safely stored away for future use.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dauntless SDB 21Apr09 0001.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	809.4 KB
ID:	34636
Old May 6th 09, 03:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Szalay

"Beachcomber" wrote in
:

Yesterday after the Blue Angel practice session I stopped at the
Dauntless SDB. On the tarp under the aircraft I saw some parts and
pieces that looked important. Here's a shot of a small plate from the
instrument panel. I took it and some other pieces into the
restoration building where they were safely stored away for future
use.

Attachment decoded: untitled-2.txt
------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C9CE14.D3FADA30

Attachment decoded: Dauntless SDB 21Apr09 0001.JPG
------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C9CE14.D3FADA30--

Is this the SBD that was recently pulled from the Lake Michigan ?
Old May 7th 09, 02:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Beachcomber

Yes it is. The aircraft is being cleaned up so it can be restored for the D
Day Museum in New Orleans. They figure it will take three years to finish.
I took some pics of it today and will post them soonest, Tom

"John Szalay" wrote in message
42...
"Beachcomber" wrote in
:

Old May 7th 09, 02:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Beachcomber

Default Dauntless from port side aft

Here you see a group of Navy, Coast Guard and Marine Corps volunteers
pressure washing the Dauntless. They are saving all of the barnacles and
items that are lodged in the mud that washes off, Tom

"Beachcomber" wrote in message
[...]

Name:	SDB Dauntless 6May09 0001.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	793.9 KB
ID:	34637
Old May 7th 09, 02:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Beachcomber

Default Dauntless port side

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SDB Dauntless 6May09 0002.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	581.3 KB
ID:	34638
Old May 7th 09, 02:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Beachcomber

Default Dauntless from port side forward

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SDB Dauntless 6May09 0003.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	625.7 KB
ID:	34639
Old May 7th 09, 02:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Beachcomber

Default Dauntless cockpit

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SDB Dauntless 6May09 0005.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	678.9 KB
ID:	34640
Old May 7th 09, 02:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Beachcomber

Default Dauntless and some of the cleaning crew

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SDB Dauntless 6May09 0006.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	697.1 KB
ID:	34641
Old May 7th 09, 02:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Beachcomber

Default Dauntless cleaning -- the man in Tyvek

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SDB Dauntless 6May09 0007.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	544.8 KB
ID:	34642
Old May 7th 09, 02:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Beachcomber

Default Dauntless control surfaces and propeller

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SDB Dauntless 6May09 0008.JPG
Views:	66