PDA

View Full Version : AST-300

Mark Kolber
August 19th 03, 01:24 AM
Anyone know of an online source for an AST-300 manual or checklist?

Mark Kolber
APA/Denver, Colorado
www.midlifeflight.com
======================
email? Remove ".no.spam"

Bob Gardner
August 19th 03, 01:29 AM
I'd be amazed if you could find one online, Mark. I had the technical stuff
for my AST-300...schematics, voltage readings, test data, etc. but I paid
six figures for it. Insofar as a checklist is concerned, once I turned it on
it became pretty much what I wanted it to be...a Seminole or a single with
about 300 hp and controllable prop(s). Single engine pilots treated both
throttle/prop/mixture knobs as one, and twin pilots had to deal with them
individually depending on how satanic I felt on a given day.

Bob Gardner

"Mark Kolber" > wrote in message
> Anyone know of an online source for an AST-300 manual or checklist?
>
> Mark Kolber
> APA/Denver, Colorado
> www.midlifeflight.com
> ======================
> email? Remove ".no.spam"

Richard Kaplan
August 19th 03, 05:37 AM
"Mark Kolber" > wrote in message
> Anyone know of an online source for an AST-300 manual or checklist?

There are/have been many versions of the AST-300 over the years and up to
the present, ranging from an original analog system without even a visual
display up to the current digital version which can be equipped as a
full-motion simulator with projected visuals and electronic HSI... so the
manual or checklist would have to take into account the age of the AST-300
system and any modifications installed by the former owner(s).
--
Richard Kaplan, CFII

www.flyimc.com

Mark Kolber
August 19th 03, 12:54 PM
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 00:29:11 GMT, "Bob Gardner" >
wrote:

>I'd be amazed if you could find one online, Mark.

Thanks Bob and Richard. I had a feeling. I haven't used one as an
instructor and figured it's about time to get an instructor
orientation. I was trying to see if there was some prep material.

Mark Kolber
APA/Denver, Colorado
www.midlifeflight.com
======================
email? Remove ".no.spam"

Lynne Miller
August 20th 03, 02:19 AM
A checklist in a SIMULATOR? C'mon, a checklist has no place in an
airplane, and certainly has no place in a simulator. Head down time in
the cockpit is not a positive thing, no matter how you look at it.

Mark Kolber > wrote in message >...
> Anyone know of an online source for an AST-300 manual or checklist?
>
> Mark Kolber
> APA/Denver, Colorado
> www.midlifeflight.com
> ======================
> email? Remove ".no.spam"

Robert Moore
August 20th 03, 02:31 AM
(Lynne Miller) wrote

> A checklist in a SIMULATOR? C'mon, a checklist has no place in
> an airplane, and certainly has no place in a simulator. Head
> down time in the cockpit is not a positive thing, no matter how
> you look at it.

Have you looked at the latest FAA PTS? Thought not!

Bob Moore
ATP CFI

Richard Kaplan
August 20th 03, 06:38 AM
"Robert Moore" > wrote in message
. 7...

> Have you looked at the latest FAA PTS? Thought not!

Don't feed the troll.

--
Richard Kaplan, CFII

www.flyimc.com

Lynne Miller
August 20th 03, 03:32 PM
Yes, I am familiar with the PTS.
During my ATP checkride, I used a checklist after my flowcheck. I use
a checklist during 299 rides, etc. after the flowcheck but in the real
world, I don't use a checklist.

Lynne

Robert Moore > wrote in message >...
> Have you looked at the latest FAA PTS? Thought not!
>
> Bob Moore
> ATP CFI

C J Campbell
August 21st 03, 05:15 PM
<Groan> Not another argument over whether checklists are good or bad. Why
not something simple like slips with flaps?

Google