Ron Natalie
August 19th 03, 09:17 PM
"Chris Matras" > wrote in message ...
> Anyone know what's up with www.duats.com? I can't get there via web or
> telnet.

Works for me.

Ross Richardson
August 19th 03, 10:05 PM
I used the web version on Sunday and no problems. Did a fine job. I have
the dial up Cirrus also and find it works great. I have my plane
profiled. As an example, on the last leg home Sunday the www.duats.com
plan had me at 02:19 flight time. When I landed and turned my GPS to
flight time it was 02:19. I pointed this out to my wife. I am within 5
to 8 minutes generally.

Chris Matras wrote:

> Anyone know what's up with www.duats.com? I can't get there via web or
> telnet.
>
> thx

ArtP
August 19th 03, 10:20 PM
Doesn't work for me. People on COPA can't get it to work either.

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 18:18:58 GMT, Chris Matras >
wrote:

>Anyone know what's up with www.duats.com? I can't get there via web or
>telnet.
>
>thx

jeff
August 19th 03, 11:45 PM
dont ask that question here, you may get some 40 yr old pilot who will tell
you duats is lazy, to get on the phone and call FSS and then do your flight
plan by hand.

Chris Matras wrote:

> Anyone know what's up with www.duats.com? I can't get there via web or
> telnet.
>
> thx

Teacherjh
August 20th 03, 02:32 AM

dont ask that question here, you may get some 40 yr old pilot who will tell
you duats is lazy, to get on the phone and call FSS and then do your flight
plan by hand.
<<

So the young ones are realizing that too? Get on the phone to FSS and do your
flight plan by hand, dammit!

<g> Jose
(46)

Ross Richardson
August 20th 03, 02:16 PM
I called CSC and they are having problems with the server. I was told to
use 131.131.7.104 as the URL for the time being. This worked for me this
moring.

Ross

Stan Gosnell
August 20th 03, 05:13 PM
jeff > wrote in :

> dont ask that question here, you may get some 40 yr old pilot who will
> tell you duats is lazy, to get on the phone and call FSS and then do
> your flight plan by hand.

That's what I usually do. I use DUAT for weather, etc, & file with FSS on
the phone. I often file a canned DVFR, & it's much easier to do that over
the phone, get my squawk and a weather update at the same time. For IFR, I
also prefer to file with a human. I have no quarrel with anyone who files
over DUAT or DUATS, though, it's just a personal preference. I just wish I
were still 40, though. :-)

--
Regards,

Stan

Aarfy
August 20th 03, 05:13 PM
What's with these new-fangled moving maps, TCADs and e-leck-tronic E6Bs?? We
used our eyeballs, ADFs and slide rules, and we liked it!!

grumpy old pi-lot

"Teacherjh" > wrote in message

> dont ask that question here, you may get some 40 yr old pilot who will
tell
> you duats is lazy, to get on the phone and call FSS and then do your
flight
> plan by hand.
> <<
>
> So the young ones are realizing that too? Get on the phone to FSS and do
your
> flight plan by hand, dammit!
>
> <g> Jose
> (46)
>

> (for Email, make the obvious changes in my address)

Ron Natalie
August 20th 03, 07:00 PM
"Stan Gosnell" > wrote in message ...

> You had all that? I remember well flying across the water with a mag
> compass and a watch, nothing else.

You had a compass and a watch? Me and Orville had to count in our
heads (one kill devil, two kill devil, three kill devil DANG it Wilbur will
you shut the **** up I'm navigating here...)

Stan Gosnell
August 20th 03, 10:22 PM
"Ron Natalie" > wrote in
:

> "Stan Gosnell" > wrote in message
>
>> You had all that? I remember well flying across the water with a mag
>> compass and a watch, nothing else.
>
> You had a compass and a watch? Me and Orville had to count in our
> heads (one kill devil, two kill devil, three kill devil DANG it Wilbur
> will you shut the **** up I'm navigating here...)

Well, it is easier to navigate when you're only going a couple of hundred
feet........

--
Regards,

Stan

Tom S.
August 20th 03, 10:59 PM
"Ron Natalie" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Stan Gosnell" > wrote in message
>
> > You had all that? I remember well flying across the water with a mag
> > compass and a watch, nothing else.
>
> You had a compass and a watch? Me and Orville had to count in our
> heads (one kill devil, two kill devil, three kill devil DANG it Wilbur
will
> you shut the **** up I'm navigating here...)

And the map had one section that said "Here dwelleth monsters".

Ron Natalie
August 20th 03, 11:12 PM
"Tom S." > wrote in message ...

> > You had a compass and a watch? Me and Orville had to count in our
> > heads (one kill devil, two kill devil, three kill devil DANG it Wilbur
> will
> > you shut the **** up I'm navigating here...)
> >
> And the map had one section that said "Here dwelleth monsters".

Right before you fell off the end of the world!

Stan Gosnell
August 21st 03, 03:26 AM
"Ron Natalie" > wrote in
:

> Right before you fell off the end of the world!

We call it the big waterfall, where the ocean falls off the end of the
world. I've been close enough to hear it......

--
Regards,

Stan

Roger Halstead
August 22nd 03, 04:50 AM

:

>> "Stan Gosnell" > wrote in message
>>
>>> You had all that? I remember well flying across the water with a mag
>>> compass and a watch, nothing else.
>>
>> You had a compass and a watch? Me and Orville had to count in our
>> heads (one kill devil, two kill devil, three kill devil DANG it Wilbur
>> will you shut the **** up I'm navigating here...)
>
>Well, it is easier to navigate when you're only going a couple of hundred
>feet........
At 30 mph

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

Roger Halstead
August 22nd 03, 04:56 AM
On 20 Aug 2003 16:13:24 GMT, Stan Gosnell >
wrote:

>jeff > wrote in :
>
>> dont ask that question here, you may get some 40 yr old pilot who will
>> tell you duats is lazy, to get on the phone and call FSS and then do
>> your flight plan by hand.
>
>That's what I usually do. I use DUAT for weather, etc, & file with FSS on
>the phone. I often file a canned DVFR, & it's much easier to do that over
>the phone, get my squawk and a weather update at the same time. For IFR, I
>also prefer to file with a human. I have no quarrel with anyone who files
>over DUAT or DUATS, though, it's just a personal preference. I just wish I
>were still 40, though. :-)

Me...I always use DUATS and then call 1-800 WXBRIEF and ask them what
it meant.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

John Godwin
August 22nd 03, 07:29 PM
jeff > wrote in :

> dont ask that question here, you may get some 40 yr old pilot who will
> tell you duats is lazy, to get on the phone and call FSS and then do
> your flight plan by hand.

Actually, I've progressed and use DUATS on my kerosene-powered PC. :-)

--
John Godwin
Silicon Rallye Inc.

Google