PDA

View Full Version : ASI overhaul shop opinions

September 4th 06, 08:26 PM
Hey all. Turns out the airspeed indicator in our Cherokee has a static leak
to cabin. I'm figuring to send it off to have the leak fixed, and I'm looking for
suggestions on a good place to have it done. It's the type with the knob and TAS
window, calibrated in MPH ('69 PA-28). Would this be best to have overhauled, or just
an IRAN? I'd like to "convert" to knots, but since the POH and all that has number
for MPH, it's probably not legal *OR* wise.

Thanks for opinions.
-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss, Ph.D., PPSEL-IA *
* Electrical Engineering *

Rich Badaracco
September 4th 06, 08:49 PM
wrote:
> Hey all. Turns out the airspeed indicator in our Cherokee has a static leak
> to cabin. I'm figuring to send it off to have the leak fixed, and I'm looking for
> suggestions on a good place to have it done. It's the type with the knob and TAS
> window, calibrated in MPH ('69 PA-28). Would this be best to have overhauled, or just
> an IRAN? I'd like to "convert" to knots, but since the POH and all that has number
> for MPH, it's probably not legal *OR* wise.
>
> Thanks for opinions.
> -Cory

I just had the ASI from My Cherokee overhauled by Rudy Instruments. They
charged me $105. Got it back as promised and it passed the IFR cert just
fine.

--
Rich Badaracco
Director - Angel Flight North Carolina

Mike Noel
September 5th 06, 04:12 PM
I had my DG overhauled about 2 years ago by Ducasse Instrument Service in
Philadelphia(?) and it's been working great.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

http://photoshow.comcast.net/mikenoel

> wrote in message
> Hey all. Turns out the airspeed indicator in our Cherokee has a static
> leak
> to cabin. I'm figuring to send it off to have the leak fixed, and I'm
> looking for
> suggestions on a good place to have it done. It's the type with the knob
> and TAS
> window, calibrated in MPH ('69 PA-28). Would this be best to have
> overhauled, or just
> an IRAN? I'd like to "convert" to knots, but since the POH and all that
> has number
> for MPH, it's probably not legal *OR* wise.
>
> Thanks for opinions.
> -Cory
>
> --

> * Cory Papenfuss, Ph.D., PPSEL-IA *
> * Electrical Engineering *
> * Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University *

Google