PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming STARS

March 23rd 07, 01:54 AM
Was I dreaming? Or did I once hear that RNP 1 and 2 stars/sids had
been published in the USA? I see type A and B, but these are RNAV,
and so must have no RNP requirement whatsoever, and can be flown by
any /G aircraft. Anyone provide some info?

Stan

Stan Prevost
March 23rd 07, 03:39 AM
The RNAV A and B are now RNAV 1 and 2.

> wrote in message
> Was I dreaming? Or did I once hear that RNP 1 and 2 stars/sids had
> been published in the USA? I see type A and B, but these are RNAV,
> and so must have no RNP requirement whatsoever, and can be flown by
> any /G aircraft. Anyone provide some info?
>
> Stan

March 23rd 07, 01:01 PM
Ror RNAV 1 and 2 then, can you explain what the 1 and 2 mean, and any
relation to RNP 1 and 2?

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 22:39:13 -0500, "Stan Prevost"
> wrote:

>The RNAV A and B are now RNAV 1 and 2.
>

> wrote in message
>> Was I dreaming? Or did I once hear that RNP 1 and 2 stars/sids had
>> been published in the USA? I see type A and B, but these are RNAV,
>> and so must have no RNP requirement whatsoever, and can be flown by
>> any /G aircraft. Anyone provide some info?
>>
>> Stan

Stan Prevost[_1_]
March 23rd 07, 02:11 PM
Sorry, I don't have (or know) a concise explanation of the relationship
between the RNAV requirements and RNP requirements. I was just pointing out
a recent change. Here are some references.

https://www.jeppesen.com/download/briefbull/bulletinjep_07_A.pdf

http://www.faa.gov/ats/atp/rnp/ac_90-100a.pdf

http://www.faa.gov/ats/atp/rnp/rnav.htm

http://tinyurl.com/2snraa

Stan

> wrote in message
> Ror RNAV 1 and 2 then, can you explain what the 1 and 2 mean, and any
> relation to RNP 1 and 2?
>
> On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 22:39:13 -0500, "Stan Prevost"
> > wrote:
>
>>The RNAV A and B are now RNAV 1 and 2.
>>

> wrote in message
>>> Was I dreaming? Or did I once hear that RNP 1 and 2 stars/sids had
>>> been published in the USA? I see type A and B, but these are RNAV,
>>> and so must have no RNP requirement whatsoever, and can be flown by
>>> any /G aircraft. Anyone provide some info?
>>>
>>> Stan

April 2nd 07, 02:35 PM
On 23 mar, 16:11, "Stan Prevost" > wrote:
> Sorry, I don't have (or know) a concise explanation of the relationship
> between the RNAV requirements and RNP requirements. I was just pointing out
> a recent change. Here are some references.

RNAV usually means B-RNAV which is "aircraft must not deviate more
than 5 NM from the route during 95% of time".
So B-RNAV=RNP 5.
we begin to see RNP 2 and RNP 1 for more accurancy (RNP1=P-RNAV,
precision-RNAV).
SID/STAR are usually RNP 1 already in Europe. Enroute are RNP 5 or 2.
RNP1 can not be flown safely by a human being. So expect radar vectors
for departure/arrival

Fred

April 7th 07, 09:39 PM
On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 09:11:55 -0500, "Stan Prevost" >
wrote:

>Sorry, I don't have (or know) a concise explanation of the relationship
>between the RNAV requirements and RNP requirements. I was just pointing out
>a recent change. Here are some references.
>
>https://www.jeppesen.com/download/briefbull/bulletinjep_07_A.pdf
>
>http://www.faa.gov/ats/atp/rnp/ac_90-100a.pdf
>
>http://www.faa.gov/ats/atp/rnp/rnav.htm
>
>http://tinyurl.com/2snraa
>
>Stan
>
> wrote in message
>> Ror RNAV 1 and 2 then, can you explain what the 1 and 2 mean, and any
>> relation to RNP 1 and 2?

Thanks Stan. All good info. BTW, I never did see any requirement
that RNAV 1 or RNAV 2 sids or stars have the designation of RNP 1 or
2. So....while one may think obvioulsy it does, the FAA does not use
that RNP terminology in the the way RNP 10, for example, is required
in the Pacific. Stan

April 7th 07, 09:44 PM
On 2 Apr 2007 06:35:11 -0700, " >
wrote:

>On 23 mar, 16:11, "Stan Prevost" > wrote:
>> Sorry, I don't have (or know) a concise explanation of the relationship
>> between the RNAV requirements and RNP requirements. I was just pointing out
>> a recent change. Here are some references.
>
>RNAV usually means B-RNAV which is "aircraft must not deviate more
>than 5 NM from the route during 95% of time".
>So B-RNAV=RNP 5.
>we begin to see RNP 2 and RNP 1 for more accurancy (RNP1=P-RNAV,
>precision-RNAV).
>SID/STAR are usually RNP 1 already in Europe. Enroute are RNP 5 or 2.
>RNP1 can not be flown safely by a human being. So expect radar vectors
>for departure/arrival

Thanks Fred. So if BRNAV is RNP 5, why use the term BRNAV?
While I've heard of PRNAV, I've not seen that one **needs** RNP 1 in
order to be PRNAV approved, Similarly, I don't think in the US
operators will need RNP1 or 2 approval to fly the new RNAV 1 or 2
sids/stars. All very murky to me.. Stan

Google